October 8, 2006

Sometimes an opportunity is too good to pass up. That was the case when the Indiana High School Swim Coaches Association asked me to speak at their Fall convention last week. Now Indiana swimming is one of the deepest talent pools in the country - one where high school and club coaches typically work very well together and that creates an environment of excellence marked by very-professional coaches.

So I had two questions - one for myself, one for the group. First - What could I tell these outstanding coaches after all I'd learned from them over the years? Second - What could I tell these outstanding coaches after all I'd learned from them over the years? What they wanted to hear about was Carthage Swimming. Hmm, an hourlong opportunity to tell one of the best swim coaching organizations about what we're doing up here on Lake Michigan? No need to ask twice.

I don't really know what they thought of it - I had to run to meet a recruit flying in from Kansas - but the few comments I'd received before leaving were really encouraging. As promised to those coaches who did attend, I'm attaching links to both the Powerpoint and this year's season plans. If you'd like to know more, say the word. In the meantime, thanks for the opportunity to speak. I'm looking forward to seeing you later this season.

Search

Twitter

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Copyright © Red Tide Report | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com | NewBloggerThemes.com