March 11, 2007

It's the absolute BEST time of the year. I mean sure the NCAA Championships are this week, but Spring Training is here and opening day is just weeks away. The weather's turned the corner and golf can't be far off. Even NASCAR (don't laugh- it's a team sport) is on. But every year on this coming weekend, between prelims and finals, I find myself flipping on CBS to catch every game I can. (Scratch that, at 2001 NCAA's our hotel was across the street from the Nassau Collesium so I got a chance to see it in person). I love it, not just because CBS's $6 billion TV contract helps underwrite the swimming championships, but because of the frenzy. As commercialized as NCAA sports have become this weekend the unpredictability of competition takes center stage.

Want to join the mix? Join members of the team and alumnae in our own bracket.

Search

Twitter

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Copyright © Red Tide Report | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com | NewBloggerThemes.com