March 9, 2007

It doesn't get any better than this. It just doesn't get any better this. Spring training is underway, March Madness selections are this weekend and the NCAA Championships have begun. Last night I found myself continually checking CollegeSwimming.com for results from women's Division I and III NCAA Championships. On the Division I side a couple of American Records went down while on the Division III meet one meet record went down.

At the end of this season, I'll have spent six years coaching in both Division I and Division III. I still appreciate the D-I meet (I've been on a team with an American Record-Holder, it's pretty cool), but I've come to appreciate the Division III meet so much more. Fast is fast and next week we'll take Bryan, Steve and Zach back to Houston for the big meet. Each would be a contributor on a Division I team. Each of them trains every bit as hard as the Division I swimmers I worked with, but next week each of them could garner All-American honors or - even better - contend for a national championship. That wouldn't happen at the Division I meet where just 235 swimmers - a third of them foreign - will even qualify. Think about that - at the Division I championships only about 160 American kids will have a chance to become an All-American. Speaking of All-Americans, here's a mock-up of what we've proposed to put on the wall to honor our growing list of athletic and academic honorees.

Next week we hope to have three more names to add to it.

Search

Twitter

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Copyright © Red Tide Report | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com | NewBloggerThemes.com