December 29, 2011

Day 4: Escape From Sandopolis, The City of Sand! Part I

"Me: I have to pee.
Teryn: The ocean's right over there.
Me: Thanks, dude.
Teryn: No problem, man."
-Teryn Solan ('15)on restrooms

We last left our heroes recovering after having gotten the afternoon off. Today, we began with the goal of getting back on track. Starting off with a 20 minute run on the beach and abs in the sand. I'm proud to say that I won the 'See-Who-Can-Cover-Their-Body-With-The-Most-Sand-Contest' despite there not actually being a contest at all. I washed off in the ocean before going to the pool, but I'm still shaking sand out of my hair. So that's something.

Quick Background Info: I love food. I also love restaurants. One of my hobbies is to eat in locally owned restaurants whenever I travel.

Knowing I was coming to Florida, I enlisted the help of my father and noted food-lover, Dan Ross, to give me some locations. My Dad responded by sending me down here with a list of restaurants to try. It took some time to get organized, but today I finally started to tackle the list. I had dinner at the Bahia Cabana in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. My Dad recommended the conch fritters and the blackened mahi mahi. I can now say that both were delicious. Also the in-house entertainment was...entertaining.

It got really cold this evening. Like, while we were in the pool. I started having flashbacks to the freezing mornings in Arizona, and then Greg told us we were done.

So that's what's happening here.
Ertl-bot, Samwise, Rasmussen, and I are heading to bed.

If you got training problems, I feel bad for ya, son,
I got 99 problems, but a TRIP ain't one

Search

Twitter

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Copyright © Red Tide Report | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com | NewBloggerThemes.com